* All-new, light, powerful and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production motorcycle Yamaha—or anybody else—has ever built.
* The YZF-R6 is the first production motorcycle with a fly-by-wire throttle system—for flawless response under all conditions.
* Straight frame concept: developed from the Yamaha M1 GP machine, the YZF-R6’s steering head, swingarm pivot and rear axle all lie in a straight line—for unsurpassed handling—with an all-new inline four-cylinder engine designed for optimal layout and mass centralization.
* Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
* Formula 1-style air management presents very small frontal area and excellent aerodynamics; new ram-air induction ducts cool, high-pressure air through the steering head for optimal combustion, more horsepower and enhanced engine cooling.
* 50th Anniversary Special Edition model celebrates Yamaha racing heritage with classic black and yellow livery and special badging.
* Compact, lightweight 67 x 42.5mm 599cc DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder features titanium valves, 12.8:1 compression and compact combustion chambers.
* YCCT—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle—uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted, under all conditions.
* Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
* Back torque-limiting slipper clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
* Despite the increased bore, piston and pin weight has been reduced for more power and less vibration; 1mm smaller main journals reduce friction while 1mm larger connecting rod journals increase performance.
* Compact slant-block engine design uses widely triangulated gearbox shafts to make the GP-derived, straight frame concept work; optimum weight distribution and excellent handling are the result.
* GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization, and contains EXUP, an O2 sensor and catalyzers for a broad powerband, spot-on injection and EU-3 emissions compliance.
* Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction—also a narrow engine.
* Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish. Curved radiator with twin-ring cooling fans keeps everything cool.
* Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and highoutput magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
* All-new Deltabox aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity—welcome to the next level of 600 class handling.
* MotoGP-style 52.5-percent front-wheel weight bias helps produce razor-sharp handling.
* A new swingarm is 2.2 pounds lighter and pivots 20mm higher in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
* Four-way adjustable (preload, high-/low-speed compression, and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
* Four-way adjustable (preload, high-/low-speed compression, and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
* Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged, one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
* Removable CF die cast rear subframe is light and strong.
* Super-light five-spoke 17-inch wheels are light and strong; the casting technique makes the rim section light, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
* Quick-detach license plate holder and rear turnsignal mount makes prepping for track days or racing a snap.
* Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right-handlebar switch.
* Multi-function digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
* Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
Disclaimer. I did not make this video, dont claim to have made it. I imported it into Flash so everyone could look at this beauty!
Guess what guys! I'm
reopening my stores
(Etsy and Storenvy)
and commissions, I
can finally announce
that I'm getting
married and I need
to save as much as
possible for the big
day, July 27th.
before anyone asks,
the wedding is not
been planning it for
a long time...
Sorry, I can't
believe it's been so
long since I've done
this "orzEdit: I
forgot, but my
friend here's having
it's about your
with your favourite
food. It can be your
own character or
away time is back
:D! This time I've
got 1500pts to give
away c:The last
giveaway was really
well received so I'm
doing another! After
the way the last one
panned out, one
thing I would like
to remind you guys
of is to PLEASE
PLEASE follow the
guidelines so you
can be properly...
FIRSTLY: thank you
so much for all your
kind birthday wishes
and little gifts!
:hug: you made me
:heart:I hope this
small feature can
bring a smile to
your faces, too
:)enjoy and make
sure to fave some of
this great pieces!
;)and now we move on
to the first part of
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More