New for 2006:
* All-new, light, powerful and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production motorcycle Yamaha—or anybody else—has ever built.
* The YZF-R6 is the first production motorcycle with a fly-by-wire throttle system—for flawless response under all conditions.
* Straight frame concept: developed from the Yamaha M1 GP machine, the YZF-R6’s steering head, swingarm pivot and rear axle all lie in a straight line—for unsurpassed handling—with an all-new inline four-cylinder engine designed for optimal layout and mass centralization.
* Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
* Formula 1-style air management presents very small frontal area and excellent aerodynamics; new ram-air induction ducts cool, high-pressure air through the steering head for optimal combustion, more horsepower and enhanced engine cooling.
* 50th Anniversary Special Edition model celebrates Yamaha racing heritage with classic black and yellow livery and special badging.
* Compact, lightweight 67 x 42.5mm 599cc DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder features titanium valves, 12.8:1 compression and compact combustion chambers.
* YCCT—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle—uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted, under all conditions.
* Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
* Back torque-limiting slipper clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
* Despite the increased bore, piston and pin weight has been reduced for more power and less vibration; 1mm smaller main journals reduce friction while 1mm larger connecting rod journals increase performance.
* Compact slant-block engine design uses widely triangulated gearbox shafts to make the GP-derived, straight frame concept work; optimum weight distribution and excellent handling are the result.
* GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization, and contains EXUP, an O2 sensor and catalyzers for a broad powerband, spot-on injection and EU-3 emissions compliance.
* Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction—also a narrow engine.
* Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish. Curved radiator with twin-ring cooling fans keeps everything cool.
* Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and highoutput magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
* All-new Deltabox aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity—welcome to the next level of 600 class handling.
* MotoGP-style 52.5-percent front-wheel weight bias helps produce razor-sharp handling.
* A new swingarm is 2.2 pounds lighter and pivots 20mm higher in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
* Four-way adjustable (preload, high-/low-speed compression, and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
* Four-way adjustable (preload, high-/low-speed compression, and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
* Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged, one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
* Removable CF die cast rear subframe is light and strong.
* Super-light five-spoke 17-inch wheels are light and strong; the casting technique makes the rim section light, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
* Quick-detach license plate holder and rear turnsignal mount makes prepping for track days or racing a snap.
* Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right-handlebar switch.
* Multi-function digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
* Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
Disclaimer. I did not make this video, dont claim to have made it. I imported it into Flash so everyone could look at this beauty!